Apple does not allow the following in advertising:
Ad content that promotes hate, violence, harassment, or racism toward an individual or group of any race, sex, creed, national origin, disability, religious affiliation, age, language, sexual orientation, gender identity, or financial status.
Ad content that is defamatory, libelous, or slanderous.
Ad content that is profane or obscure, including distasteful wording or phrases.
Ad content that promotes adult-oriented themes or graphic content, for example, pornography, Kama Sutra, erotica, or content that promotes “how to” and other sex games.
Ad content that directly or indirectly facilitates or promotes the sale, distribution, or use of any tobacco products, illegal drugs, narcotics, weapons, ammunition, explosive materials or fireworks, excessive alcohol consumption, or alcohol use by minors.
Ad content that is deemed offensive or graphic or contains personal attacks, bullying, or intimidation against a person or an individual business or institution.
Ad content that promotes false documents or materials, such as degrees or certifications.
Inappropriate Business Practices
Ad content that inappropriately incentivizes downloads or the manipulation, filtering or faking of reviews, feedback, taps, or downloads.
Ad content should be honest and transparent and must accurately represent the product or service you offer. False, fraudulent, dishonest, or deceptive claims or messaging including misleading titles, statements, or illustrations are not allowed, including the following:
- Get-rich-quick schemes, “free money,” or similar money-making opportunities or offers
- Free offers and sweepstakes, such as “You have been chosen to win a free…”
- “Free items” that require any type of payment, administrative costs, carrying charges, or other fees, and hence are not truly free items
Deceptive Pricing and Price Claims
Unlawful Advertising Content
Unlicensed Advertising Content
In addition to the above, the following may not be advertised in mainland China:
You are responsible for appropriately restricting your advertising content in the countries and regions where you advertise.
Restrictions can include limiting your advertising to appropriate age audiences or having the necessary licenses or permits for the country or region. Examples include:
Advertising promoting the sale or consumption of alcohol, or that refers to the usage of alcoholic beverages, may be prohibited or limited in some countries and regions. All text, images, video, and audio used for promotional or advertising purposes must depict age-appropriate people and scenes.
Advertising for dating and related services may be prohibited or limited in some countries and regions.
Advertising for gambling-related services may be prohibited or limited in some countries and regions.
Pharmaceutical and Medical
Advertising for content promoting pharmaceutical products, medical devices, medical services, or medical treatments may be prohibited or limited in some countries and regions.
When advertising in mainland China:
- You may be required to provide business licenses, permits, other forms of, (government approvals), or other materials or information in order to advertise in mainland China.
- Advertising incertain industries or categories may be restricted to business company entities.
- Age restrictions apply to advertising in certain industries or categories.
- For more information about requirements for advertising in mainland China, please read the guidelines.